CHAS - Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme
Contractors Health and Safety Assessment Scheme (CHAS is dedicated to completing health and safety pre-qualification assessments to a nationally recognised and accepted threshold standard.
CHAS is a founder member and past Chair of Safety Schemes in Procurement – Competence Forum or SSIP.
- Health and safety policy statement;
- Organisation for health and safety;
- Specific health and safety arrangements to a standard acceptable to buyers and to others.
CHAS started with two main aims:
- To improve health and safety standards across Great Britain.
- To reduce duplicated safety applications for both suppliers and buyers.
CHAS now has more than 500 public and private sector buyer organisations, such as councils, housing associations, NHS trusts, including a growing number of large private companies who employ sub-contractors.
AlertSystems participate in the CHAS scheme to further demonstrate their commitment to health and safety in the workplace in conjunction with membership of other accreditation schemes.